The main areas of expenditure on which we work tend to be indirect costs. This is because, in our experience, these usually have the greatest potential for cost reduction.
However we frequently identify cost reductions from clients’ direct inputs, such as engineering supplies and raw materials, as well.
Examples of indirect categories that we are asked to address most often include:
- general stationery
- IT consumables
- plant hire (FLTs, skips, cranes)
- printed stationery
- protective clothing/equipment
- rent and rates
- telecoms (fixed line, mobile)
- temporary/agency staff
- utilities (electricity, water, gas)
- vehicle hire and maintenance
- waste disposal.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. We consider any areas of recurrent expenditure except wages and salaries.